Monday, October 6, 2008

Visiting Mason and Remembering Dallas

So, my last few blogs are not so much about my "Three Silly Kids" so how about One Silly Nephew or One Silly Mom? After a phone call from Jon saying he "expects" me to be blogging ... with all my free time, so just for Jon I thought I would see what I could do for an updated blog! As I was going through my photos from MOPS Convention, I started to miss my time spent with 12 other awesome, God loving moms from our group. On Saturday night I cried as I stepped onto the Super Shuttle that took me to the airport as I felt I was missing out on a special time leaving my group early, but also at the same time elated to be on my way to see my Brother, sister-in-law and my Nephew Mason.

This little boy is such a little blessing. I was so excited to see him and to see his excitement to see me too. It feels so good to have this little guy pour his love on me. Though I cannot wait to have my three kiddo's pour their love onto me once again. It has been a good time to reflect on what type of mother I am, and could be. How to grow myself and children closer to God in just the little things. Not making everything a big deal and enjoying what time we all have together.
Here are some photos of My trip to Dallas, and of course my cutest Nephew Mason. -b

Lunch at Moe's with Mason.

Dinner with Jenny Vang ... and the rest of the ladies too. It was so nice to split a meal with someone, we did a lot of sharing and sampling!

Since this was a conference of 5,000 moms, they made most of the men's bathrooms into temporary women's bathrooms. Which to beautify them, they placed plants in the urinals ... Thanks Deb and Jen for posing for this photo.

Go Fish! I spoted them in the hallway, walking towards us, and like a crazed fan ran towards our MOPS group trying to get their attention and let them know who was walking towards us. So I just asked if I could take a photo, not even thinking of taking a group one ... one of the other ladies came up with that wonderful itdea. These guys are great, I love the music, and will even listen to it without the kids. This was my third concert and have ran into them several times at Convention. But, my kids still have yet to go to a concert ...
SHHHH don't tell them what Mom did!

Best of all, one of my favorite bands/singers Plumb was in concert. She just had a baby girl Clemintine just 9 weeks ago, and has two boys. Her newest album has a lot of really good songs about being a mom. Here's a photo of me not wanting to wait in line, as I met her 11 years ago in Atlanta GA and had a signed CD from then. So I choose to opt for this photo ... thank you Jen for taking the photo.

2 comments:

Prachar family said...

Missing you already! I know what you mean about leaving!
Travis

Football and Fried Rice said...

What a fun time!!!! I love splitting dinner with girlfriends!