Monday, October 27, 2008

Late, but still Not Me Monday.

So who's to say that after something as traumatic as almost losing a computer to some unknown virus you can't just get back onto another one and get going again. I must admit it feels a bit like after my first car accident, you don't really want to get back in and drive for all the fear that overcomes you with all the "what ifs" but you just realize if you're going to ever get somewhere you just have to get back in and drive. So here I am driving my self to start my Not Me Monday post late on Monday, even if it is to late to participate. -b

I was NOT so excited when asked to help read with my son's second grade class last Tuesday, who would consider this an honor? It did NOT make me feel so good that I totally felt rewarded when each kid read to me individually.

I did NOT feel the least bit happy when my son's soccer game was cancelled on Sunday when it was so windy he could barely stand up, not to mention quite cold.

I did NOT bribe my son with $1.00 to eat school lunch today. I was NOT surprised when he came home to tell me that Chili is actually good and he might let me make it some time.

I was NOT at all excited when I saw I have 3 new "Followers" ... that would NOT make me happy. Thanks to Deb, Marcie and Faith for NOT making me feel special at all. :)

I did NOT cry like a baby and almost hyperventilated as I realized my computer was infected by "Spy Wear". I did NOT just clear and delete almost all my photos from my camera memory card onto said computer before this all happened. My husband did NOT try to make me feel better by helping me to try and save what we could, calm me down and stay up with me to accomplish the major back-ups to my work programs. That would NOT be something he would be so kind to do, Thanks hun!

I did NOT make Taco's on Friday night and then figure out that I did not have any tortillas, therefore feeding my kids stale taco shells. I did NOT remind them I could be feeding them rice and beans like the Prachar kids! By the way, I was NOT out at Stringtown Grocery when I saw Haitian Rice & Beans and did NOT think 1. I could by this and send to the Prachar's or 2. Try to make it for my family, no I would enjoy eating it to much! Well, I might eat the rice same as the kids, Travis, how do you do it?

I did NOT fill the Tahoe up on Friday morning with gas at $2.48, then exercise and when leaving watch them mark it down to $2.38. I did NOT enjoy only paying $50.00 for a full tank of gas! I also did NOT see that gas was down to $2.29 on the way home tonight, I would NOT get excited over something like this.

I am NOT stressing out about getting my computer back tomorrow. I am NOT at all wondering if all my computer programs will run correctly to do subscription labels, payroll, and bill out invoices. I would NOT spend so much time pondering over something I can't control, WHY!

Well, I must get some sleep, I have a lot to look forward to! Have a great day. -b

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Aren't the dropping gas prices exciting!! These are sad times they way we are watching for it ;)

I laughed coffee out my nose about the rice & beans, I may have to use that one (NOT!) Of course not.....

Prachar family said...

Glad to hear you are back in the saddle!! Great not me's!! We would much rather you join us in our rice and beans than send any of it here!! It would be fun to know someone else is out there eating the same things we are!! Riley asked me what was going to happen when October was over. I told him we would only eat rice and beans once a week! I was not sure how that would be received, but he was fine with it! They were totally excited to hear we had succeeded in saving enough money to go to a Japanese steak house for Christmas Eve per our tradition for the past 4 years!! They all think it was worth it!
Tacos sound really good! I am sure my kids would not have minded slale shells either!
Travis