Monday, October 13, 2008

More Eva's Birthday

I went looking for Eva's birth photos ... but I am still looking and wanted to make this post before her birthday was actually over. So I will just include photos from her first, second and third birthdays.

I hope it is okay but I really just felt led to write the following ...
Well, I thought I would tell you a bit more about my Evangeline Grace who was born three years ago today. God blessed me with her at a time in our lives that I really did not think we were going to have any more children. We were in the process of building another house, and Emily was about to have her second birthday when God surprised me with the conception of her. I have to admit I was quite angry with God for a while, as I had done everything in my power to prevent this type of thing from happening ... but of course He knew what He was doing.

I was a little more than two months along when I broke down to admit to Jon that there was to be an addition to our family and the floor plan had to be revised in the middle of a framed house. Jon took more joy in the notion of having another baby than I was, since the doctors told us after his cancer that chances were slim of having more children. So you can see where his joy came from. That night I told him we were out on a date night, and looked in a baby name book of one girl name we had tossed around. And in this book was a meaning that God placed before me, and my heart started to change. It took almost two more months before we told family and friends, as God was still working on me, and even though I love being pregnant it took tell the day she was born for this little girl to take my heart.

On October 13th by C-Section came Evangeline Grace, which means "bringing much joy"! Even in all my frustrations with this child, God helps me find the Joy. Every day feels like a blessing with her. Now I do not want to take away anything from what a blessing Camden and Emily are to me, but there is just something about Eva that I cannot define. God knew I needed this little girl, and I am so thankful that I cannot understand why it took me 9 months to figure out what a blessing she is.

So thank you God for this little girl who brings me so much joy, who feels like a blessing everyday even when times are tough. Thank you for knowing I needed someone like her in my life to remind me how good You are.

2 comments:

Prachar family said...

Thanks for sharing that story. We love our children equally (more than imaginable), but each one has a story! I think there is something about the baby of the family too!
Travis

Suzanne said...

Found you through "mycharmingkids."
My story line is similar, our third child's middle name is Grace and I cannot imagine my life without her. I appreciate your openess!
CountryMom