Thursday, October 9, 2008

Back to Normal?

Well yesterday morning was my first official day back as MOM on duty for morning activities! HA!

I learned some great things at MOPS convention I wanted to put to use. So, I thought I would incorporate into my day, and things were going to be so smooth and easy in the morning to get every one out the door and on time! Well everything washed away when I was frustrated when no one cared to have their shoes on at the 7:55 time they are usually all on. I think it may have been 8:08 when I pulled the vehicle out of the garage. I was not a happy mama, and I don't think my kids were so happy to have me back again.

This morning I thought, I had another chance for things to go smoother. And they did, since I went went back to my old ways ... no new concepts to upset my daily balance. We were to school by 8:06 and I was back home to start laundry before 8:30 (a very nice welcome home mom present right!)

I just want to say thanks to everyone that helped Jon out while I was gone, mom for taking the kids to school in the morning and keeping my office work caught up. And Jon was amazing he took all three kids grocery shopping, and out to eat and doesn't regret it. I think I stress out at the "what ifs" that I just don't do well in a public with all three. Though last night at Wal-Mart, I did okay while Jon was looking for jumper cables (yes more car problems ... with the grand prix) and was able to do it with no melt downs on any ones part.

Speaking of car problems ... we hopefully will do well with our new set of wheels. I am having a tough time not telling the kids to get in the "Van" anymore as we have traded up for a new family member, and now have a 2003 Tahoe. And it is a step up, I being such a short one just slide out of the thing. It is very nice, and hard to get used to such a wonderful vehicle at that! May the Van rest in piece at the junkyard. The kids fell in love with the Tahoe, though I think they would have liked almost anything we put them in. They really like the "steps" in the back to get to the third row seats, I think it sealed the deal for them. We now have a new rule about food and drinks, and that they will be limited to the point of none in the Tahoe, MOM wants a nice clean vehicle. Though I have to work hard at it, as I enjoy to eat on the run to save time, so I am learning to change my habits to show the kids I can follow my rules too.

Any suggestions on names? I am having a tough time telling the kids where to go, it's not a van and Tahoe just sounds funny, and I can't get SUV out ... do you name your vehicles? -b


BTW ... Travis, just for you I changed out my background ... something fall like. Well the dryer or washer are beeping at me to get back to my "job" so I better get going before it is to late and I have to get out the iron. -b
Laundry is not so bad ... I have everything sorted out, and this is what I have left after load three in the washer right now ... The dinning room looks like we will be eating in the Living room tonight, but don't worry we at least will not be eating in the Tahoe. :)

Did you see our PUMPKINS? Jon got three and hopes to carve them tonight. Should be fun, and hopefully I can post some more photos of them afterwards. Jon's favorite right now is the middle one. -b

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

I am in love with your background!! Way cute and exactly what I would expect from you!! We named our car when I was a kid. It was a black Cutlass Supreme we called the black bomb! I am sure there will be no laundry in heaven!!
Travis