Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Eva! My first NOT Me Monday.

So the day is here, and my little girl one of my biggest blessings in life is now three. We are off to Washington for lunch at McDonald's play land for lunch with a few friends ... from 10 invited kids we are down to 4 and that number includes Eva ... it is that time of year kids are already getting sick. Though I am thankful that they are not coming and passing anything on.

So I was trying to think how I could turn my blog today into a "Not Me Monday" I enjoy reading these blogs and laugh at them, as I am so there, but can I still do it and wish Eva a happy birthday? So bear with me as I try to start my first "Not me!" Monday. You can check out the link below for the gal that started this all. It is pretty popular as I am #146 (I am re-editing my post to include this bit of info). Check it out, and maybe you will catch the itch to do this too.

http://www.mycharmingkids.net/2008/10/not-me-monday.html

I did NOT tell Eva she could have a birthday party, and convince myself she should have one because her two siblings had first birthday party's and baby showers and she did not. I am Not taking the three other kids that are coming to McDonald's because I did not want to go out like I do for the kids 5th birthdays. I did NOT drive to Wal-Mart last night to buy items for the gift bags because I procrastinated on getting them done before going to KC this weekend.

Which by the way I did NOT just get back from an extend trip to Dallas and Atlanta for a whole week and leave my kids again to go rock out to Jars of Clay, Switchfoot & Third Day. I did NOT enjoy myself enough to sing all the songs word for word because no one could hear me with all the noise, nope NOT me. I did NOT think that it was the best 30th birthday present ever. I did NOT get mad at Jon for forgetting my camera at the hotel. I did NOT make Jon take photos with his cell phone. I also did NOT meet Jars of Clay and tell them we had their demo cassette tape, yes that is right ... we also have the demo CD before they ever signed! I did NOT want to run down to the stage and just hug Mac Powell, cause I do NOT think he is just the cutest thing ... I am married.

I am NOT blogging right now because I just can't wait to take Eva to her "Birthday Party" at McDonald's, when I should be doing my work. (Sorry Mom, will have to do it when I get back).

I did NOT go shopping in Kansas City for myself and only buy things for Eva and Jon. I did NOT enjoy going to Huston's on Saturday and eat a plate of french fries, and I did NOT eat all my prime rib. We did NOT leave KC early to get back for a family birthday party, and we did NOT arrive LATE, nope not us we would never be late. I do NOT wish I was still in KC because the weather was perfect, and still want time to myself.

I did NOT enjoy dropping the kids off at school this morning, and did NOT just melt when Emily blew me a kiss and sang out words of love and praise to me. I did NOT go for a walk with Mom and Eva, and Eva did NOT have another temper tantrum on the way to Aunt Cheryl's. I did NOT almost cry as my little three year old waved me good-bye and walked in with Aunt Cheryl like a big three year old. I am NOT adding to my blog, because I keep thinking of things I did NOT do.

So, I better get back to work, I have less than an hour before I pick up Eva and her three friends for a birthday party, that really is NOT one but we are just calling it one. I wonder how she will spend her days after today, because all she talks about is her birthday party. "You coming to my birthday party?" The past month has revolved around this event ... I will keep you posted. Hopefully later I can tell you about the events of the day, either in my photos or with some words too. -b

4 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Happy Birthday, Eva!! Loved your fist NOT ME MOnday :)

Do you have the song "This is Home" by Switchfoot? It is on the Prince Caspian Album & it is a BUY ALBUM on itunes, you can't just buy the song!!!

Prachar family said...

LOVE IT, 2 birds with one stone...go girl! Mac Powell...uh huh!!! Sounds like a great weekend! Have a fun time at McD's!
Travis

He & Me + 3 said...

I never go shopping for me either & spend all my money on my kids. Then wonder why I am wearing the same clothes over and over again.

Ashley said...

I hate when I have permission to go shopping ONLY for myself. I never end up with stuff for me,but for my kids.