Monday, December 1, 2008

Trying to be humble ...

So I will let you all know I could use some prayer right now. I really am in limbo not knowing what is going on. On Wednesday Night last week I started with some inner ear pain, and by Thursday morning there was so much pressure in my ears that hearing was difficult, and the pain was bearable, but at times very painful. I was not dizzy but felt as though everything was leaning to one side. And at times a very quite noise would sound very loud to me.

I did see a doctor at the Family Practice and she prescribed me with some medication to help, and gave me a temporary answer. We know my ears are clear and it is not an ear infection. The doctor I saw believes it is Meniere's Disease. Which does describe many of my symptoms. I am awaiting a call back from my normal doctor to be seen by her for further review or referred on to an ENT doctor for more evaluations and testings. My normal doctor is full already this week and currently does not have any openings, which my symptoms are not life threatening so I am somewhat okay with that thought. But I would like to talk to someone more about what this is or could be. I should have my call returned tomorrow or Wednesday, but could be next week.

Yesterday I had some blurred vision and that is not a symptom of Meniere's Disease, and I just do not feel like my vision is quite the same today. Not so much a blur, but not as clear as it was. So do I call the eye doctor, or do I wait for my normal doctor to call back? Is it related after all, or is something else going on.

I just need some peace about this, a little relief from the pain and some patience to know it is ALL in God's mighty hands! And it is okay to ask for help. I fear that others will think I am to needy when I ask, so I hate to, but this time I am. So hopefully I am not being "needy". I thank you for your time to pray for me, and will keep you updated when I can. -b

3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Praying for answers!! There is nothing worse than being in pain and not knowing why. Praying for wisdom for the doctors who are treating you....

Deb said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear all this! I will definitely be praying for you and your family.

The Richards' said...

We are praying for you and your family. We pray for you to have comfort and patience as the doctors do testing and look for answers!!!