Thursday, December 4, 2008

Doctor Visited

"Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD.
Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly. "
Psalm 5:3, NLT
Well if I am going to be honest with you, I am not sure if I have more questions than I have answers now. I was able to squeeze into my Doctor's Office due to a cancellation, but was not even sure if I could make it do to the weather conditions. I agreed to the appointment and knew I had to give it a try.
My symptoms were quite better than they had been, though I was still having some fullness/pressure sensation in the ears, voices sounded muffled at times and there was still that dull ache in my ears. So I explained my symptoms, and we went over a few other things. Minyon does not feel that it is Meniere's disease, but more like vestibular neuritis. While Meniere's disease is Chronic, Vestibular Neuritis is not and therefore sounds like good news. I am to stay on my Hydrochlorothiazide (diuretic) for two to three months and then stop. If symptoms reoccur then I am to go back on the medication and notify Minyon. So like usual when I am telling my mom about this I think "what if my symptoms do not go away while I am on this, what then? Would that mean it is Meniere's and not Vestibular Neuritis, or am I dealing with something else?"
I also did remember to ask Minyon about my blurred vision on Sunday, best described as a "swirly distortion". Which her answer was Ocular Migraine with Aura. Which I have never experienced an Ocular Migraine before, but I suffer from Cluster Headaches and Migraine's. So now I am feeling like 30 is kicking me in the butt! Minyon wants me to start on 1 baby aspirin a day as people with Ocular Migraines are more prone to Strokes ... FUN!
So I have all these questions that I just have to set on. I hope that the pressure and pain in my ears will go away and not become my new "normal" but if it is may I have the Grace to live with it, handle it and not let it be a burden. As long as I can continue to carry out my normal tasks I am thankful ... if not, I pray that I will find great thankfulness during this.
Last week at MOPS Amy Hansen spoke on finding contentment when dealing with an long-term illness. I am very thankful for hearing her words, and while not having a physical long-term illness I took her words to heart and was working on applying those words to my relationship between Jon and I. Then just a day later I started suffering from these symptoms, while in all hopes this is not Chronic unlike Amy, I may recover quickly and not experience this anymore.
Thank you for all who have prayed over me these past few days ... I am truely humbled and blessed! Your support means so much to me at this time of questioning my health and what is happening. Thanks!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Hey Beryl. Thanks for the update. I have been thinking of you and meaning to call, so I'm sorry that I haven't yet. Keep us posted, and we'll keep praying.

sweetander said...

Hi - Glad to hear that it's probably vestibular neuritis. I was talking with Matthew about your symptoms after I read your blog and this is what he thought, too! I tried to talk him into calling you when you had all your questions, but thought it might be weird since he hardly knows you and I just read about it on your blog. I told him you wouldn't mind:) Glad to hear you have a lot of your questions answered and that it won't be anything long-term!