Friday, September 5, 2008

Wii, Our Family!

And so it begins ... we have entered the world of gaming, and we are loving it. We really have spent a lot of time together as a family playing against each other. So how did this happen? It has been a really good lesson for our kids to save their money up in stead of spending it on candy or the dollar isle toys!

Jon for two years has been saving his Best Buy gift cards from Christmas and Birthdays, and whatever extra gift money he has been given. Now that he had enough he wanted to buy a Wii instead of an iPod, and some other things ... which he could have broken down and bought a lot sooner, but saved up. So how do you come to buy a Wii these days you ask? So did we. They are always sold out at Best Buy and online, but with out going into a long story, we were able to get one! Camden was so excited, he has been wanting an XBOX ever since visiting Uncle Scott in GA.


So I have to say I am very impressed with how much work you body can go through playing one of these. And I am not much of a computer game person, I would rather be doing something else. Though I am finding my self enjoying the sport very much. I can golf, play tennis, and even go bowling with my kids! Camden and Jon play boxing together. In fact as I am typing Jon is down stairs trying to achieve PRO level on tennis.

So here are a few photos of the family on one of our game nights down stairs. The girls play together alot while Mom, Dad and Camden have some Wii time! Eva has not been given a good chance yet, but Emily does like playing too. The kids are all working hard to earn time to play the Wii. Check back, I have more to tell you about the kids fun night at Aunt Cindy and G&G Marner's House. -beryl

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

Holden will turn completely green with envy when he sees this!! Sounds like lots of fun!
Travis