Friday, September 19, 2008

Summer Vacation Memories ...


Today I thought I could blog a few things from this past summer, like our family trip to Kansas City. We are huge KC fans, and if ever had a reason to move there Jon knows my bags would be packed before he could start the car. Only one other place ranks up there and that would be Elizabethtown, PA ... where our friends Shawn and Susan live. Jon and I got engaged in KC, and our family just enjoyes going their for many reasons ... CHEIFS Football, Good Barbque, Houstons Resturant, KC Zoo, Royals Baseball (so we can see the ORIOLES PLAY), Country Club Plaza ... just so much to do.

So this summer we made it down for a few days in KC. We did the usual places with the kids ... two days at the Zoo this year, as we got a membership so we could take our time and enjoy. I think it was the best thing we did, as we got there after lunch both days and in the afternoon we saw most animals doing things other than just lying around. My favorite site the whole trip was the hippos. How many times do you see a hippo out of the water let alone playing! I wish I had them on video to show you but I do have some photos of them "playing" on this HOT day at the Zoo.


We did two night of barbque, but the first night we were in a hurry and hungry so we did Gates ... and I did not like, and the kids didn't eat well either. The second night we went to another similar place and it was much better, but not as good as Winslows or Houstons! Emily would have rather had her baby back ribs from Chili's, and I think I wish we would have just to see her eat like she does there.

Jon and I both had some good laughs after the kids were in bed. The first night Emily got a bed of her own and Camden and Eva shared ... poor guy he took the brunt of Eva's restless nature. Then the second night Camden got a bed to himself and Emily and Eva shared ... they slept very well together other than Eva not going to sleep right away, and Emily making sure she was not going to get in trouble for Eva keeping her up. Then came the third night, the night Eva had a bed to herself ... she was very excited. Emily and Camden did very well sharing the fold out couch together, without Eva to keep them awake! Looking at these photos you just have to love nature of our kids when they sleep!


We spent a lot of time in the pool at the hotel, but we were amazed by Emily's swimming! This girl can go the length of the pool doing the "crawl" not coming up for air and not winded when she finishes. Can you say we have a little fish on our team? Made Jon and I realize how she could skip Level 1 ARC, without even starting ARC swim lessons. They put her right into Level 2 to start this upcoming year, after doing the pre-school 4-5 yr classes. Which reminds me I need to find out about lessons this Fall/Winter.


We always have a great time in KC, and I am looking forward to going down for the Third Day concert in less than a month. Well I hope you enjoyed these photos of us on vacation in KC. -b

2 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Any time there is a hotel pool involved...it is vacation! what great pictures!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.