Monday, September 8, 2008

Dentist & Dance

This morning started off early with a trip to the Dentist. The kids had their regular check up, and were all looking forward to seeing Doctor Polly, as she is so great with the kids. Emily and Camden are such big kids for her and set so well in the chair. Eva on the other hand, is a handful. We have not quite mastered the art of being a big girl at the dentist yet. Soon hopefully as it is an emotional strain on Mom.

Everyone checked out okay, no cavities ... though Emily has a few spots that they are watching. The good news on that is they took the X-Ray's and compared them to the last visit 6 months ago, and no change! YEAH. But Doctor Polly recommended using a fluoride rinse when she gets home from school, and then brushes morning and night with a fluoride toothpaste and FLOSS! Which that is my fault, I am not good at making that routine for the kids.

Camden, got two more molars sealed as our insurance covers 80% of the cost. Last time he had the lower molars sealed, this time we did the upper ones, and that was not so much fun. But he did well and got it all done. He has four loose teeth ... and he thinks they are all going to come out the same day! We will keep you posted on that, as it takes a long time for him to pull them out. On another note, Doctor Polly has noted he will need an orthodontist as he has some space issues. But she says they will continue to watch, so at least we do not have to deal with that yet.

I was able to get a picture of Emily at the dentist ... don't you love the great shades they put on the kids. Almost makes you want some when you go to the dentist. I was going to take a photo of Camden, but it just didn't feel right with him not being to comfortable ... and I was to busy holding Eva. You can see Emily wearing her shirt she made at G&G Marner's this weekend. Camden, Emily, Bailee and Paige were all going to wear them to school today. We put Eva in hers despite her not wanting to. She took it off as soon as we got to Cheryl's as Libby was still wearing her PJ's.

On to brighter moments ... Emily has been waiting all summer for this to start again. Dance! and she loves to dance ... it is just a part of her. Between her and Eva one of them is always doing there little thing. Both of them have this natural groove about them. As usual thought the date comes sooner than I am usually ready for. But I found myself on Friday night realizing she cannot fit her feet into her 10.5 tap shoes anymore. Unfortunately she will have to squeeze her feet one last time into them as all I could buy her were size 12 ballet shoes. I could have picked up 11.5 tap shoes at the same time, but the gal really encouraged me to bring her in to try them on as they can run small. So in order to not have to make a bad purchase, I listened and did so. Hopefully I will be able to take her up sometime this week and purchase new ones.

Eva is quite sad that she is still not old enough to start dance. One of Eva's daycare friends gets to start dance this year. Next year though should be fun if Eva still enjoys dance as much as she does now. In case you have never seen her dance before ... here is a fun one to watch.



This week brings the start of quite a few things other than just dance. Tuesday brings the start of MOPS, and my first year not on Steering Team. It has been a tough adjustment, but I think a good one. I get to take on different responsibilities with Camden's second grade class as a Homeroom Mom. Plus I was never really able to fully enjoy MOPS as I always felt like I had to be doing something or was doing something. I will let you know how well it goes. Then Wednesday will start of our Family Night's at Church. Instead of AWANAS this year we have refocused to a more Family Activities and Teaching with Worship. Thursday should be quiet, and then my big day on Friday comes. YEAH!

1 comment:

Football and Fried Rice said...

I love the pictures & YAY!! on no cavities!! Thanks for stoping by our blog I look forward to keeping up with your family!