Monday, November 17, 2008

Not Me! Monday

A quick try at my new reason to love Mondays ... all because of Not Me! Monday started by MckMama.

I did NOT allow my husband to help me by watching my two sick daughters last Monday. He did NOT come down with the same thing the next day. My son did NOT get sick Friday night, in which I really did not wake up in time to stop him from making a mess all over the floor.

I did NOT go shopping with my mom on Saturday, when my husband called to have me pick up an "inexpensive carpet cleaner" and assume he must mean something like the Bissell Little Green Carpet Cleaner which was on sale at Kohl's and mom had an extra 15% off coupon. I did NOT choose to buy this because it fell under what I would call "inexpensive" and Ladies it was on SALE! When I returned home my husband did NOT tell me that he just wanted the "cleaner" and by "inexpensive" he meant a few dollars. I did NOT spend the next hour cleaning spots in Emily's room and most of Camden's room just to prove it was worth the buy.

I did NOT leave my husband with our Sunnies Sunday School Class to go pick up a birthday cake at the grocery store. I did NOT decide while filling the Tahoe up with gas to take it through the car wash while I was out. I did NOT arrive back in time to look like I had not left at all.

I did NOT leave the house early for school one day just to take the kids to Casey's for donuts. I did NOT make myself feel better when I ran into my son's old teacher, who did NOT tell me she almost allowed her daughter to have chocolate ice cream for breakfast. She also did NOT confess to me that her son had spaghetti for his breakfast. They ate right, they where not going to school hungry, it truthfully was not about nutrition that day.

Now Monday is almost over, I will conclude what I did NOT do this past week. Now what did you NOT do? -b

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

I never let my kids eat weird things for breakfast either! Great list!