Monday, November 10, 2008

Not Me! Monday

Once again, it is Monday ... and that means another round of a Not! Me Monday. Check out the many other people joining in today with MckMama the one who started it all!

********************************

I did NOT dress my kids in winter coats and hats only for them to go outside to tell me it was to hot outside. I did NOT call time & temp to find out it was a beautiful 64 degrees with a high of 70 degrees for that day. Why listen to the weather at night anyways! These kids did NOT put up a fight the next day when it was really only 38 degrees.

I did NOT take a photo of Eva getting her BP taken just for my Blog ... Nope NOT me!

I do NOT enjoy watching High School Musical 2 with my kids. I do NOT know almost every song to the movie. I did NOT continue to watch the movie on Saturday even after the kids had chosen to do something else.

I did NOT have Emily come in to tell me at 9:30 pm she had thrown up. I was NOT relieved when she stopped about 11:30 pm. I did NOT wake up at 3:30 am to hear Eva crying and find out she too was sick. I did NOT think we were in the clear when we all woke up, only to hear Emily sick again at 7:30 am. My laundry room is NOT full with bed sheets and too much laundry that I can't catch up. I do NOT have a gracious husband who stayed home to help me with these girls so I could get work done. I would NOT like to thank him at all!

Eva did NOT provide us with comical relief at 3:30 in the morning after being sick. Jon and I did NOT laugh with her as God truly graced us with some laughter which was what we needed to take care of her after just going through this with Emily hours before.

I do NOT have a love/hate relationship with my can of Lysol! My house and Tahoe do NOT smell of Lysol.

I do NOT wish at all that I had something much funnier to write on NOT ME! MONDAY ... really that is what I thought at 3:30 this morning. "NOT ME!"

I did NOT think I should start a "YES ME!" post ... and enjoy my YES ME! accomplishments for the week ... could that be funny too. Like YES I really did feed the kids Mac & Cheese three days in a row! Oh, I like MckMama's denial of truth! -b

5 comments:

kay said...

Oooh I love your Yes Me idea!!

Prachar family said...

Oh, I am sorry to hear your girls are sick...and that the laundry is overflowing too. You've got our prayers! Wish I could have chatted with you more this weekend...I guess that is why we have blogs and email!
Love ya,
Travis

Deb said...

So sorry to hear about all this! How terrible it is when it just hits one kid after another! I feel sick just thinking about it!

The Novotny News said...

Thank God for husbands right?! You are too sweet! Love this post but I am NOT creative enough to do this...and I really do mean that:) Love to hear from you. See you in almost 4 weeks!!

Ashley said...

ugh!! sorry your kids were sick. i have a love/hate relationship with my can of lysol too :) i noticed that you have the fireproof blog... have you seen the movie?